Monday, August 11, 2008

Breakfast

This morning for breaky I'm having some self-made Almond Butter & Blueberry Oat Bran with a splash of Lactose-free milk which was inspired after reading this article about taste-testing milk and milk alternatives. Regular milk is full of lactose sugar which sends my blood glucose thru the roof. 30g Carbs, 18g Protein for the eats and they are pretty tasty. Even Jonas is trying to get some of the action.

I've been doing pretty well with my new eat habits. Yesterday was my worst day, I had 2 bites of the ultra moist chocolate cupcakes and a few licks of the frosting fingers I had while making it. Hey, it's hard to not lick frosting off your fingers and I would do it automatically before thinking about it! Check out Jonas' blog later this week for cupcake pictures and party pics! Of course after the lunch-time cupcake celebration, we decided to go to the State Fair. Considering the usual fair fodder, I didn't do *too* bad, I ate a sirloin steak sandwich sans bun, only had a few sips of a lemonade shake-up and did ask if they could cut most of the sugar out (which they said NO) so I just drank less of it than I would normally. Then I had a "Philly" Cheese Steak Sandwich, which I was sure they should have quoted the "cheese" part because at first I thought it was mayo. I did eat the bun on that one, and my blood sugar let me know by the mood swings, headaches and 46pts hike above my "never go above this line" measures when I got home. The kids had a great time tho...I will update our fair trip later this week too, when I get time to go thru the pictures.

No comments: