Wednesday, September 17, 2008

36 weeks

Photobucket


My home visit appointment went well! The baby is in a great position, really low, happy heartbeat and he's guesstimated to be about 7-7.5 pounds. We have the birth kit and tub and are all set to go!

For the past few weeks I've been in a bit of pain. I figured it was my body preparing for labor and that I was having trouble keeping up with the two toddlers in my life. I was feeling very discouraged, the pain was enough to make me doubt the ability to remain pregnant for another 4-6 weeks. I could not remember feeling so DONE this early on and feeling so much like I couldn't do it. Luckily, my MW took my whining to heart and listened to how it was affecting my normal everyday functioning. We found that I have been in pain due to a UTI and now that I'm treating it, I already feel incredibly more able to function. I hope that I can really enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy, savor each moment of alone time I have with my husband and have with my Little One still being safe inside. Each moment I have as Jonas still being my baby. The special time I get to spend with Madelyn, who is so articulate and funny and just fun to be around.

There is an end in sight, it's drawing closer each day and in the end this pregnancy has flown by at a spectacular rate. Before we know it, this Little One will be here and life as we know it will be so different. I know that it will feel like he was always here, always a part of our lives, but for now it seems a strangely odd concept. We are a family of 5. It's something that will take some time to wrap my head around. Something I'm sure will be more tangible once our little baby, with his daddy's eyes and mommy's nose, is here, cooing and cuddling. The anticipation of this journey is overwhelming at times, the excitement, the wonder. Who will this baby look like? What will his personality be? How will Jonas and Madelyn react? Will I ever be able to take a shower alone again? Only time will tell.

No comments: