Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Feelings

I've begun nesting. I can feel this overwhelming sense of calmness and love. The softness of the baby diapers, the warmth of the blankets, the smell of the baby shampoo are so so beautiful and wonderful. I tried to capture these feelings of excitement and love on camera. I will continue to capture photos as we are preparing for the arrival of our Little One. Right now I am washing all the baby clothes and items, next week is our home visit from our Midwives and they will be bringing my birth supplies and birth tub. After that, the baby can come at any time.


The changing area
Photobucket Image Hosting

The diapers
Photobucket Image Hosting

First Outfit
Photobucket Image Hosting

Tiny soft socks
Photobucket Image Hosting

First bath
Photobucket Image Hosting

Wall Art to focus on during labor
Photobucket Image Hosting

The washcloths that will be used during labor
Photobucket Image Hosting

The labor candle and heart shaped rock found by Madelyn
Photobucket Image Hosting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay nesting! I remember that crazy-calm feeling. It was so powerful and real and amazing. Such a reminder that I had no control over when my baby would be here and that my body knew exactly what it needed to do and when it needed to do it.

Anonymous said...

I totally dig the wall piece. I think I'm going to be able to come bless you as well, and really look forward to it.

JoAnn said...

oooh I love the rock!! Not long now mama! ((hugs))