This past week Little One had decided to flip breech and kick me in the bladder, day in, day out. Not only was it uncomfortable, with the constant heartburn and pressure on my ribs, unable to take in a full breath, getting winded walking to the kitchen and back, it was also stressful. Breech babies mean maneuvers and positioning and hearing the dreaded C word (that's Cesarean for all you non-childbearing folk).
Then two nights ago, I felt it. The thumping, squirming, squiggly, pushing, stretching, rotating, swirling and relief...sweet sweet relief. I can breath a sigh of relief, I can actually breath! And with the turning came the engagement, the dropping of his sweet little head way down into the pelvis. Sure, it adds a little pressure down there and yes I threw a thorough pregnancy hissy fit at CVS yesterday when I had to wait for an eternity until an employee unlocked the secret employee area for me to use the bathroom.
This pressure is greeted with heartfelt welcome. It is a sign that things are progressing, my baby is preparing for our journey ahead. I've seen other signs too. The stores are selling autumn decorations, Halloween treats, all reminders of when I was awaiting Madelyn's October birth. The leaves are starting to change colors, my garden watermelons are ripening. The weather is changing from the humidity of summer and long days, to shorter days of breezy coolness. My body is changing too. The colostrum is now being produced, the braxton hicks are getting more uncomfortable, and the asking others if they could possibly go pee or eat for me while they're up because I'm just too tired to get up and do it myself. My mind is cluttered with lists and projects that will surely go unfinished before Little One's arrival. But my heart is ready. My body is preparing. And each day, with each little kick, my excitement grows. Just a few more weeks Little One. Few more weeks and then you get your own blog page.
No comments:
Post a Comment