
It was such a wonderful gathering of beautiful women. I cannot fully express how it felt, how magical and empowering. I really wish to thank all my friends and family for supporting me and loving me, whether they were physically here or just here in spirit.
I got a very relaxing massage for my feet and legs that used coconut oil, olive oil, sugar, lavender and thyme from my own kitchen and garden. It's amazing how strong my feet and legs have been to support me and my pregnant body and they definitely deserved and enjoyed every minute of it! The baby really liked this part too, he was stretching out and letting me know he was feeling the relaxation hormones too!
We ate a wonderful feast brought by my friends, which again Little One enjoyed very much! He seems to be just like his sister and brother, he loves to eat!After we all were satiated, I was thinking of how the days of summer were coming to a close just like my pregnancy and with Autumn a new birth will be here. I was given a cup of warm apple cider and apple cinnamon candles as the meditation was read. It is very long, so I cannot type it out here, but it was so beautiful and touching. I do want to share parts of it and describe it for you. It is about how each woman goes through a cycle of menstruation, birth and menopause. Every woman, our ancestors, have taken part in this rite of passage. Their wisdom is in us: in our bones, in our blood, in our hearts. Our bodies know what to do, just as it has done for centuries. The beginning starts "We are here this evening to honor the wondrous event, the incredible transformation, that our friend Dana is in the process of creating...." In the middle, it talks about our ancestors affirmations, Little One was moving around very much and had the hiccups at this point and I was crying. It said:
"There goes all fear you hold about giving birth. The birth will be perfect.
There goes all fear you hold about healing. You will heal beautifully.
There goes all fear you hold about not being a good mother. You will be enough.
There goes all fear of never being creative again. You can have a life of your own.
There goes all the deepest, most private fears you have about giving birth. You will be enough.
YOU will be enough. YOU are strong enough."

We also read "Welcome with Love" by Jenni Overend which is a children's story about homebirth. It's Madelyn's favorite book to read. After the storytelling, we created the birthing necklace. Each mom told why she chose a bead and her blessing for me. There were swirls and hearts and purple beads, charms and stones and beautiful positive thoughts and affirmations. Some beads represented my grandma, some represented nature, some represented my growth into womanhood and my children. There were beads to represent family and friends and love. One of the stones was a Venus of Willendorf made of Rose Quartz, which is the stone of unconditional love and the Venus of Willendorf is an ancient fertility goddess. Another stone was Malachite, which is for healing. Purple hearts and stones for femininity. My friends and family offered me peace and love and clarity and oh so much support. I received pampering gifts of homemade lavender milk baby bath and sitz bath salts, candles and a wreath made from the flower garden of my dear friend who organized my blessingway. There was so much love and so much support, I really hope I haven't left anyone out, but I'm sure I have! Please know that I appreciate and love everyone's contributions, it was all so overwhelming and meant so much to me.

We talked about motherhood and life and nonsense. We put henna on my baby belly and my friends put henna words of encouragement on themselves. It was all so wonderful and will always be such a special memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment